After-school Programs - Spring 2021
COVID-19 Health & Safety Precautions
We are following all recommended federal, state and local guidelines to help keep our participants and their families and friends safe.
We have also implemented specific safety measures tailored to our site:
- Small group size
- Daily health and temperature checks conducted at drop-off
- Masks MUST be worn by campers & staff
- Social distancing will be maintained as much as possible
- Program is held outdoors, except for restroom breaks
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting protocols for restrooms
- HEPA filter air purifiers in the indoor classrooms, in case we need to take shelter (unexpected inclement weather or an emergency)
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (1st-4th) "NATURE DISCOVERY" - Thursdays, April 15-June 3, 3:30-5:30pm
- The Nature Discovery program is designed to help students discover all areas of the forest and feel comfortable playing, exploring, and learning. Each week we will have nature games and fun activities that also foster curiosity and a lasting connection with nature.
- Sample activities: exploring the brook, flipping logs, scavenger hunts, hiking, natural art, collecting insects, nature journaling.
MIDDLE SCHOOL (5th-8th) "ECO-ADVENTURE CHALLENGE" - Fridays, April 16-June 4, 3:30-5:30pm
- Our Eco-Adventure Challenge program is all about outdoor challenges and teamwork! Students will be challenged with team-building games and projects, and work together to complete survival challenges, explore the forest, and have fun.
- Sample activities: adventure challenge games, shelter building, group natural crafts, hiking and obstacle courses and nature journaling.
$205 - Non-member Standard Rate
$190 - Sibling Rate (all siblings)
$175 - New Weis Center Members (*Membership at the 'Supporter' ($75) level or above is required)
Memberships are tax deductible with many year-round benefits. Not sure if you're a member? Contact Us or Join/Renew NOW!
Due to the high demand and small group size, we are only accepting registrations for full 8-week sessions.
Our mission is to create a safe and supportive space for youth to build confidence and social skills, grow friendships and connect with nature. Programs will be held outdoors on our beautiful 152 acre property in the Highlands region of northern NJ. Our outdoor facilities include a picnic grove, recreation field, covered pavilion, firecircle, hiking trails, raingarden, butterfly garden and a brook.
- Led by Senior Educator/Naturalist Sarah Crosby and trained adult Weis staff.
- All lead staff are CPR/AED and First Aid certified.
- Educator to student ratio of 1:8 or lower provides a safe and attentive environment.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
- A $25 processing fee applies to ALL refunds*.
- Due to the high demand and small group size, we cannot offer partial refunds if you miss a week. Full 8-week session refunds will only be available if we can fill your spot, with the exception* noted below.
- *Exception: FULL refunds (no processing fee) will be given for cancellations due to COVID-19 related exposure or illness.
- Refunds due to major illness and/or family emergency will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
> We reserve the right to remove any child without refund due to unacceptable behavior, and to reschedule or change programs as needed.
8-WEEK SESSION of our outdoor after-school drop-off programs for elementary and middle schoolers. Each group will have different goals and themes, but all programs will be outdoors and include a focus on physical activity, peer socialization, nature, seasonal ecology - and fun!