We need LOTS of supplies for our upcoming programs. If you would like to donate any of the items below, please Contact Us.
- Science: long-handled mesh nets, hand-held magnifiers, microscope(s), water sampling kits, petri dishes, PH kits, thermometers, etc.
- Office: electric pencil sharpener, staplers, copy paper, pens, tape, etc.
- Books: local hiking, area history, wilderness survival; field guides: geology, mushrooms, stars/constellations, animal tracks
- Arts & Crafts: colored pencils, washable markers, construction paper, scissors, twine/string, paint & paintbrushes.
Ways YOU Can Be Part Of This Exciting Effort
- Membership - Become a Highlands Nature Friends/New Weis Center member
- Donate - Make an additional one-time donation
- Volunteer your time, skills and services; Contact us if you'd like to help!
- Donate supplies and materials
- Support our partners, sponsors and donors
- Help spread the word about our programs and events!
Volunteers are needed for many different types of programs, projects and activities. Here are some examples:
- Volunteer to lead or assist with a program, or help with outreach and special events
- Help us grow our Education, Arts, and Recreation programs by joining a planning committee
- Assist with grounds cleanup and gardening
- Painting! Many indoor and some outdoor spaces will need a fresh coat of paint (or two)
- Handyman skills for basic carpentry and repairs
Please contact us to discuss these and other volunteer opportunities!
Meet some of our wonderful volunteers, who do so much to help the Center succeed and grow!
Support The New Weis Center and receive Members-only benefits:
- Weis news and updates via email
- Discounts on programs and events, including day camps and theater performances
- Members-only special events and site tours
- Free personal use of the picnic grove, pavilion and fire circle area (reservation required)
ONLINE: use the Donate button to pay with PayPal (via bank account or credit card).
BY MAIL: print, complete and mail the Membership Donation Form with your check.
- Email updates about the latest Weis news and upcoming programs and events.
- Free use of the covered pavilion and picnic tables.
- Discounts on Weis programs, events and facility rental fees.
- Discounts from our Partners, including the Highlands Natural Pool and Iron Mountain Stage Company.
- Members at the Friend, Patron and Benefactor level receive a reusable, aluminum Weis water bottle.
- Members at the Benefactor level are entitled to 2 free tickets to an Iron Mountain Stage Company performance at Weis.
Annual Membership Categories
Memberships are for (1) calendar year.
- Basic: $35
- Supporter: $60
- Advocate: $100
- Friend: $250
- Patron: $500
- Benefactor: $2,000 and above
Membership at any level is appreciated! Not sure if you are a current member? Contact Us and we'll let you know.
The Highlands Nature Friends qualifies as a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization. All membership donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
"Alone we can do so little, together
we can do so much." ~ Helen Keller
Search the web using GoodSearch (works just like Google) to generate income for the Highlands Nature Friends - at no cost to you.
- Even after you add GoodSearch to your menu bar (and we hope you'll make it the default search engine!) you can still choose to search with Google or any other search engine at any time.
- Do your online shopping through GoodShop and a small percentage of each transaction will be donated to the Highlands Nature Friends - at no cost to you.
- GoodDining is also available, and works the same way.
- Click SIGN UP at the upper right hand corner of the GoodSearch/GoodShop page for a one-time registration, and be sure to choose the Highlands Nature Friends as the cause to receive donations from your searches, online purchases, dining, etc.