Ways YOU Can Be Part Of This Exciting Effort
- Membership - Become a Highlands Nature Friends/New Weis Center member.
- Donate - Make an additional one-time donation, a memorial donation, or include the Highlands Nature Friends (our nonprofit) in your estate plan.
- Volunteer - Your time, skills, and services; Contact Us if you'd like to help!
- Fundraisers - Participate in our "dine to donate" events, fall flower bulb sales, and special matching fund drives. Show your support with the purchase of our logo t-shirts and water bottles, and NYNJTC hiking maps
- More details below
Volunteers are needed for many different types of programs, projects and activities. Here are some examples:
- Volunteer to lead or assist with a program, or help with outreach and special events
- Help us grow our Education, Arts, and Recreation programs by volunteering your skills and expertise
- Assist with grounds cleanup, landscaping and gardening
- Many indoor and some outdoor spaces will need a fresh coat of paint (or two)
- Lend your handyman skills for basic carpentry and repairs on our main building and cabins
Please Contact Us to discuss these and other volunteer opportunities!
Meet some of our wonderful volunteers, who do so much to help the Center succeed and grow!
We hope you'll join this exciting effort by becoming a member and renewing your membership. Your support is essential to help with the expenses of owning and operating the Center, including building insurance, fire alarm maintenance, bringing utilities back online - plus building repairs and tree work!
ONLINE:use the Donate button to pay with PayPal (via bank account or credit card).
BY MAIL: print, complete and mail the Membership Donation Form with your check.
- Email updates about the latest Weis news and upcoming programs and events.
- Free use of the covered pavilion, picnic tables and gaga pit (with reservation).
- Discounts on Weis camps, programs, events and facility rental fees.
- Discounts from many of our program Partners.
- Members at the Friend, Patron and Benefactor level receive a reusable, aluminum Weis water bottle.
- Members at the Benefactor level are entitled to 2 free tickets to an Iron Mountain Stage Company performance at Weis.
Annual Membership Categories
Join at any point during the year. Memberships for each year end on December 31
- Basic: $35 - $59
- Supporter: $60 - $99
- Advocate: $100 - $249
- Friend: $250 - $499
- Patron: $500 - $1,999
- Benefactor: $2,000 and above
Membership at any level is appreciated, but we hope you will consider joining at a higher level! Not sure if you are a current member? Contact Us.
The Highlands Nature Friends, Inc. is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization. All membership donations are tax deductible.
SUPPORT WHILE YOU SHOP!
Here are more great ways you can support the Highlands Nature Friends and The New Weis Center, and it doesn't cost you anything!
Use smile.amazon.com, and a small percentage of your Amazon purchases will be donated to us.
- Go to smile.amazon.com
- If you're signed in at Amazon, you'll get a page where you can select a charity to support.
- Search for "Highlands Nature Friends Inc" (our non-profit) in the box that says "pick your own charitable organization" and select us!
- If you're not signed in, you'll get a sign-on screen to enter your name and password. Then proceed to Step 3.
Search the web using GoodSearch (works just like Google) to generate income for the Highlands Nature Friends - at no cost to you.
- Even after you add GoodSearch to your menu bar (and we hope you'll make it the default search engine!) you can still choose to search with Google or any other search engine at any time.
- Do your online shopping through GoodShop and a small percentage of each transaction will be donated to the Highlands Nature Friends.
- Click SIGN UP at the upper right hand corner of the GoodSearch/GoodShop page for a one-time registration, and be sure to choose the Highlands Nature Friends as the cause to receive donations from your searches, online purchases, dining, etc.
We always need supplies for our upcoming programs. If you would like to donate any of the items below, please Contact Us.
- Science: long-handled mesh nets, hand-held magnifiers, microscope(s), water sampling kits, petri dishes, PH kits, thermometers, etc.
- Office: bulletin boards, white boards, electric pencil sharpener, staplers, copy paper, pens, tape, etc.
- Garden: snowblower, leaf blower, rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows, and general work tools (hammers, screwdrivers, toolbox)
- Kitchen: microwave, refrigerator, toaster oven, step stool
- Books: local hiking, area history, wilderness survival. Field guides: geology, mushrooms, ferns, stars/constellations, animal tracks
- Arts & Crafts: colored pencils, washable markers, construction paper, scissors, twine/string, paint & paintbrushes.