- Boy Scout Merit Badge: Emergency Prepardedness. Sat, June 23 at 9:00-1:00. Cost: $15. Instructor: Tom Tarbutton. To register, email: email@example.com
- Boy Scout Merit Badge: Geocaching. Sat, July 21 at 10:00. Cost $15. Instructor: Tom Strube. To register, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for one of our scheduled badge classes, or request one to your troop. Badge classes are taught by experience instructor Tom Tarbutton and Weis Trustees Anne Siebecker and Tom Strube.
- We can offer badge classes for many Boy/Girl Scout subjects; just let us know what your Scout or troop needs!
- Contact Us for information, or to request a specific badge class!
We can offer the following Boy Scout Eagle Badges:
- Citizenship in the Community, Citizenship in the Nation, Citizenship in the World, Cooking, Personal Management
Camping, Campfires and other Events:
- Weis offers facilities for Scout campfire circles, overnight camping and other gatherings. In addition to a large camping area and a firecircle with seating, we have a covered pavilion with picnic tables, a gaga ball pit, and a large recreation field. Contact Us for more info or to reserve!
- Please do NOT bring any outside firewood, as this may contribute to the spread of destructive invasive insects. Three recently introduced insects – Emerald ash borer, Asian longhorned beetle, and Sirex woodwasp – are wood-infesting species that can be transported long distances in firewood. Once transported into new areas they can become established and kill local trees. There is an ample supply of firewood and kindling onsite.
- Be sure to review our Ground Rules and Camping & Campfire Policies before reserving, and be sure to follow them once onsite
- Completed: Local Scout groups have completed several projects including: a new information kiosk and a roof for an older kiosk, new picnic tables, parking lot and grounds cleanup, and flower bulb planting, building and installing bat houses, and building a gaga ball pit.
- Future: Upcoming projects include restoring the outhouses and camping sites, preparing the rustic cabins for use, building more picnic tables.
We Need YOUR Feedback!
Do you have suggestions for new Scout programs and events? Let us know using the Contact Us link!
Coming in Fall 2018: Scout Appreciation Day at Weis!
We greatly appreciate all the support and work the Scouts have done at Weis over the past two years! To say "thank you", we are inviting troop leaders, scouts and their families (ALL scout levels and ages) to join us for an afternoon of fun! Whether you and your troop have been involved with Weis already, or are interested in learning more about how the Center can be part of your scout programs, we hope you will come! We will also showcase Scout projects that have been completed at Weis and discuss some that are in the works - plus a few ideas for future projects.
- See completed Eagle Scout and other service projects
- Enjoy snacks at the campfire circle
- Scavenger Hunt and Geocaching
- Field Games
- Ping Pong
- Gaga Ball
- Nature Crafts
- Guided Hike at 1:30pm
No registration is required, but we would appreciate an RSVP to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.