4 days of Winter Fun, Exploration and Adventure
December 27-30 - 9:00am-3:00pm ~ Ages 7-12
Each day features different activities and hands-on experiences to enhance your child’s enjoyment and understanding of the winter world around them, and deepen their connection with nature. Crafts and games will focus on nature, science and the environment, and will incorporate our beautiful natural surroundings. The majority of each day will be spent outdoors exploring the winter landscape, so be sure to pack extra layers and waterproof footwear.
- Daily activities will be outside (weather permitting) to encourage children to explore, observe, and appreciate the winter habitat around us.
- Explore the winter forest and search for animal habitats, tracks, and other signs of life in the winter forest.
- Learn where animals get their food in winter, try some winter camouflage, and make an edible garland for winter wildlife.
- Imitate a survival situation! We'll pack a winter survival kit, create a survival plan and make our own maps, then celebrate with a campfire & s'mores
- Staffed by our Sr. Educator/Naturalist Sarah Crosby and trained adult Educators.
- Senior staff are CPR/AED and First Aid certified.
- Staff to camper ratio of 1:9 provides a safe and attentive environment.
- Campers should bring a refillable water bottle, a snack, and lunch. No tree nut products.
- Dressing in layers and rain/snow gear are essential, so please pack extras (rain/snow boots, snow pants, jacket, hat, gloves, scarf, socks, etc.)
- An outdoor "warming station" with heater will be setup in the pavilion, to reduce the need to go indoors.
- Masks are required indoors when using the restrooms or if we move inside in bad weather; there are HEPA filter air purifiers in the classrooms
PRICE - Full 4-day Session (per camper)
$285 - Standard Rate
$265 - Siblings Rate (each sibling)
$250 - CURRENT New Weis Center Member Rate*
PRICE - Individual Days (per camper)
$80 - Standard Rate
$75 - Siblings Rate (each sibling)
$70 - CURRENT New Weis Center Member Rate*
CAMP T-SHIRT (optional) - Please choose the size on the registration form and include an additional $16 with your payment if you would like a t-shirt. Shirts are short-sleeve "safety" green (yellow/lime color), with The New Weis Center's logo on the front and "Nature Camp" on the back in dark green lettering.
*Members at the $75 "Supporter" level and up receive camp and afterschool program discounts". Memberships are tax-deductible and have many year round benefits. Not sure if you are a current member? Contact Us and we'll let you know - or JOIN/RENEW NOW!
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
- A $25 processing fee applies to ALL refunds
- We cannot offer partial refunds if you miss a day. Full refunds will only be available if we can fill your spot.
- Refunds due to major illness or family emergency will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
> We reserve the right to remove any child without refund due to unacceptable behavior, and to reschedule or change programs as needed.
- After we receive your online registration and payment, you'll receive an email with a parent fact sheet, universal health form, and release forms (photo/video, COVID-19, general).
- The fact sheet will include details about what your camper should (and shouldn't!) bring and wear, directions for drop-off and pick-up, and other important details to make sure they have the best experience possible.
Note: if your child attended our 2021 summer camps, or you are only registering for 1 day, you do not need to complete a health form.
School Break Camp - Winter Survival!