Family Campout Adventure at Weis!
Join us for a fall weekend of fun at The New Weis Center! Register to reserve a tent site (maximum 10 sites available) for a weekend of outdoor adventure. Your registration is for one tent site which accommodated a 4-5 person tent. If you have additional people in your group and need a second tent, please book an additional site(s).
What YOU bring:
- sleeping bag/ground pad, pillow, blankets (as needed)
- dinner supplies - including food & propane camping stove or tabletop grill (no charcoal), cooking utensils
- folding camp chair(s)
What WE provide:
- Guaranteed parking in our inner lot.
- Assistance to help you setup (if needed)
- Flat site to setup your tent
- Campfire at our firecircle, with rustic seating & everything to make s'mores
- Saturday afternoon guided nature program focused on stream ecology (all ages)
- Saturday evening noctural forest mini-hike (all ages)
- Sunday a.m. breakfast (coffee, juice, bagels & butter/cream cheese, fruit)
- Participants must agree to follow all Ground Rules as stated on our website, and follow COVID-19 guidelines*.
- Social distancing between family units/pods must be observed at all times, and masks must be worn when social distancing can't be maintained and when using the indoor restrooms.
- No smoking, vaping, alcohol, littering or amplified music is permitted.
- Pets are not permitted.
- $75 - Current New Weis Center Members ($75 "Supporter" level & up); $95 - Non-members
*COVID-19 Health & Safety Precautions
We are following all recommended federal, state and local guidelines to help keep our participants and their families and friends safe. We have also implemented specific measures tailored to our site
- Maximum number of tent sites is 10, to ensure social distancing can be maintained.
- Indoor restrooms are located in the lower level of the main building, and will be cleaned and disinfected beforehand. Latrines are also available near the campsite.
- Hand sanitizer is available onsite.
- Health check and temperature will be taken at check-in.
- Masks are not required within your family unit/pod (the group you come with)
- Masks are required when social distancing cannot be maintained and when using the restrooms.
- Members of our staff and Trustees will be onsite throughout to check-in, answer questions, and insure the Ground Rules are being followed.
- The 2 included nature programs will be led by Senior Educator/Naturalist Sarah Crosby and other trained Weis staff.
- Staff are CPR/AED and First Aid certified.
Cancellations & Refunds
- If the forecast calls for steady rain or thunderstorms, we cancel and attempt to reschedule. If you cannot attend the rescheduled date, we'll issue a full refund.
- Cancellations received prior to 9/25/20 will receive a full refund, less a $25 processing fee. Cancellations received after 9/25 will not receive a refund, with the exception noted below.
- Exception: FULL refunds (no processing fee) will be given for cancellations due to COVID-19 related exposure or illness.